Generating qualified leads can be a formidable task. The good news is you are likely participating in marketing activities that generate leads already, such as social media. You just might not be tracking them.
With a little tweaking, many of your existing marketing tools can function as a digital sales associate (that you don’t have to pay overtime.)
Your website should always be the “hub” of any marketing campaign. It is important to make sure that your approach to social media is integrated, and incorporate social media into your website as well. So what is the secret?
Below are 4 ways effective and easy ways to apply social media tools for lead generation.
1. Frequent Blog Posts -Your company blog serves many purposes. A strong, frequent blog supports any good SEO and social media campaign. Your greatest task here will be to continually feed your blog with new, unique content. According to the “State of Inbound Marketing Survey” There’s a strong correlation between how frequently a blog posts and the amount of traffic generated.
- Businesses that post daily will generate 5 times more traffic than those that post weekly or less.
- The likelihood of acquiring a customer through your blog increases significantly the more frequently you post.
- The study found that blogs that have accumulated at least 51 posts see 53% more traffic than blogs with 20 to 50 posts.
- Additionally, blogs with more than 100 posts see 3 times the traffic, while those with over 200 posts see nearly 4.5 times the results.
2. With Twitter, Quantity and Quality Matter- Research from the Inbound Marketing Survey shows that businesses with over 1,000 followers saw 6 times more traffic than businesses with 25 or fewer followers. Additionally, those businesses with over 1,000 followers saw 5 times more leads than those with 1 to 25 followers. You may have questions about the value of a Twitter strategy, but know that 20 million Americans are on Twitter (half between the ages of 18 and 34, according to Edison Research)
3. Step Up Your Game on Your Facebook Fan Page- Interactive applications such as contest, sweepstakes, and promotions are a great way to generate new leads through Facebook. However, these applications are more likely to go viral if you have a fair amount of Facebook fans, so make sure people can find your page!
- Edison Research recently found that Facebook is the one social media site that people allow to influence their buying decisions, with 24% listing it as their first choice.
- Businesses able to grow a fanbase of 501 to 1,000 fans have 3x more traffic than those with 25 fans.
- Businesses with over 1,000 fans had 22x more traffic.
- Businesses with 501 to 1,000 fans saw 4x as many leads as those with 1 to 25 fans, and businesses with over 1,000 fans saw 12x more leads.
4. Pay Attention to User Behavior- In the Social Media Marketing Industry Report, they discovered that 51% of all Americans are on Facebook, and 46 million Americans are on social media sites multiple times per day.
- Super fans or heavy social networkers tend to be young and female. 68% of these active networkers are between the ages of 12 and 34.
- Heavy social networkers are also 50% more likely to access social networks via their mobile phones.